Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday Thunks..... On Friday???

Okay, so I was on a mini-vacation this past week and just got home last night. I was sooooooo tired that I didn't get a chance to do the Thursday Thunks on time!!! So I'm just going to go ahead and do it today :P Better late than never, right?



Thursday Thunks: Giving Away Money

The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of organic salsa and the number 3333.


1. To whom did you last give the finger?


Hmmm.... Probably my boyfriend. We both like to give each other shit, and finally, when I can't take it any longer, or if he's gone overboard a little bit, or I have no more responses, I give him the finger. He actually gets offended by it (I don't really mean anything by it) so I should probably stop doing that.



I also give him the "bang the sides of your fists against each other" thing instead of the finger sometimes. Friends, anyone??




2. If you had 1,000 dollars and HAD to spend it, what would you buy?

Well, of course I would do the sensible thing and pay off my student loans and such. But materialistic wise, I would TOTALLY buy land and build my dream house. 4 stories- finished basement (it would be the "entertainment place" with movie viewing room, lots of games, pool table, indoor pool, etc., A Regular story, and Upstairs, and an Attic (that would also be nice and pretty and would hold books and couches and be like a mini library). Oh, and it would all be eco-friendly. Somehow. :P


Of course, property taxes would be outrageous, but hey, this is MY fantasy.


3. What was the last beverage you spilled on yourself?


Definitely water. Partly because that's the only drink I have anymore (well, lemonade every great once in awhile) but partly because just a couple days ago I was drinking out of a glass and spilled water down my shirt. I fail at basic human functions :P




4. When was the last photograph you took? What was it of?



Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. If you actually know me, when am I NOT taking photographs of things? Seriously, my camera is part of my body just like everyone else's eyes are. Let me find that old camera and see....



Okay... the last photograph I took was yesterday driving home from Portillo's up in Naperville. The day before, we had gone to Naperville for dinner with the rest of the BF's family. All week, the BF had been talking about these "Chocolate Cake Shakes" and how good they were and how he couldn't believe I'd never tried one. So when we went to dinner that night, the BF ordered his meal and I just told the lady at the counter I would have what he had (he had ordered the same Beef N Cheddar that I wanted and a chocolate cake shake). Well, the chocolate cake shake was HUMONGOUS. So big. And we had two of them at our table. Don't get me wrong... It tasted marvelous (it's a vanilla shake blended together with a whole piece of chocolate icing-ed chocolate cake). But way to much for me to eat. The BF finished his, then I forced him (he was full) to eat the second half of mine. So of course a good time was had by all.



Well, the next day, the BF wanted Portillo's again for lunch (personally, while I think the food is good, I'm not crazed about it like everyone else in the family. It's not a place that I *have* to go to every time I'm up north) and once again, he ordered the Chocolate Cake Shake (only this time, the "small" instead of the "large") I couldn't believe he wasn't tired of the shakes yet, so I just had to take his picture---- and of course I had to take the photo to send to a friend who also loves Chocolate Cake Shakes and was sad that we didn't bring one home with him.





5. Who was the last person to smoke a cigarette in your presence?

I'm.... not sure. I'm trying to remember who I've seen last- My step-dad or my BF's mom. Both of them smoke so I know it was one of them. I see the BF's mom more than I see my step-dad, however, the step-dad is more likely to smoke in front of me than BF's mom. So.... one of them :P


6. What animal did you last pet or hold?

My crazy pet cat. She's insane and loves to jump and tumble and run around everywhere, however, she did break into my bathroom time to rub against my legs this morning, so she wins this question.


7. What was the last superstitious thing you did?

Ever since I was a kid, every time I drive past, or walk past a graveyard, I have to cross my fingers. When I was younger, my (also young) cousin told me that ghosts will come out and kill me when we pass the cemetery unless my fingers are crossed, which wards them away. And so I've done that Every. Single. Time I pass a cemetery. Even to this day. Hell, even to last night when we drove past some graves and my fingers go into their positions automatically. Not that I believe ghosts will kill me anymore, but, ya know, habit.



8. What was the last text message you received?

From my youngest sister. "I'm glad you your purse. :)" I had left my purse in Portillo's and hadn't realized it till we were 65 miles away. So of course I was sad because it had some important things in it (social security card, Disney ID, iPod) and the BF was upset because I told him I wanted to drive back even though we called the restaurant and they said no one turned it in AND they looked by where we were sitting and didn't see it. However, when we got back, there my purse was sitting EXACTLY where I knew I had left it :) So I let everyone know I had gotten it back (since I had let everyone know I had lost it)


9. Berleen has decided to buy twelve goats. If she trades three for some awesome pot, loses one while she was stoned, what do you think she did with the rest?

I think there is a "cook-out" in the making. "Burgers" and "Cheese" and "Milk" for all!!


10. What was the last musical instrument played in your presence?

Hmmm... Probably an accordion. We were walking the streets of Chicago the other day and of course the homeless were out trying to get some money. I guess accordions are the "in" instruments for the homeless these days because we ran into about 3 or 4 accordion players that day.


11. What was the last note that you wrote on your hand?

Back in high-school I was CONSTANTLY writing notes on my hand. I mean, not cheating notes or anything, but reminder stuff (I was super busy in high school- I was one of those types that joined everything.). It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly what the last thing I wrote was, but I'm assuming it was a note about doing some homework or going somewhere.


12. Kimber announced that she was born on another planet. Which one do you think it was and why?

Hmmmm..... I'm gonna go with Neptune because it's such an odd little planet.


13. What are you wearing as you answer these ridiculously stupid TT questions?

An old college marching band t-shirt and a ponytail. Hey, I just woke up. Didn't feel like getting all gussied up :P

No comments:

Post a Comment